Thursday 7 December 2017

Back at Chester.

We left our mooring at Stoak village on Tuesday and headed back towards Chester, it was an overcast day but nowhere near as chilly as it was on the journey down, there are a few scattered canal side houses but not much else of interest.
Passing the line of moored boats again added some interest.
I wonder what you're doing when you are Moomin?
And I was able to get a few pictures of the steam narrow boat along with it’s name!
I would imagine it is a project boat but sometimes it’s hard to tell.

This one made me smile.
Continuing along back the way we came gives you another perspective of the landscape, bridges and house etc., but not much else.
When we arrived at Tower Wharf Rod pulled over and took a temporary mooring waving me ahead to the grassy area which would be better for Jack, when I got there I rang him and told him there was in fact room for two boats (it wasn’t easy to see from where he had stopped) and he came over to join me virtually where we were before although I am on mooring pins this time, the ground seems good and firm which it will need to be with storm Caroline heading our way! It is very buffety today and worse is yet to come along with much colder weather, I'll have to stoke that fire tonight!


We are here until Saturday when the Northgate staircase locks re-open following repairs, hopefully, and then we will head back along the Shropshire canal with another stoppage ahead which should clear on December 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment